Forty percent of new leaders fail in their first 18 months
So this shining promotion comes with a fair degree of personal risk.
Unfortunately, many companies don’t go through process in choosing those who will be moved into a managerial position. Often the judgment is based solely on how well the person is performing in his or her current position. This method assumes that everyone intuitively knows how to manage. Managing people is crucial to the success of any organization; but in too many cases, it is left to chance.
Newly promoted talents are compelled to have a great adaptation to their new position is more than ever. E&E Group coaches help them to move through the real time challenge of the first months of a new role appointment and support the leader to learn how to be prepared for a pre-start, how to develop a plan for the first three months, six month, one year and even two years. And, eventually they learn how to successfully close out at the end of three months.
- Learn basic leadership skills
- Make conscious effort for success
- Learn power of interpersonal skills
- Gain greater productivity
- Evoke confidence to “lean in” and make bold moves
- Support for improving specific skills – communication, delegation, conflict management, team building and persuasion.
- Faster action – advancing things faster and with greater precision
- Emotional support, empathy, and encouragement
- Evoke deeper learnings